The San Marcos is a "sport touring" road frame designed by Grant Petersen of Rivendell. It is a fine ride on black top and smooth fire roads. While not designed for loaded touring, it can probably handle that type of duty even better than the Double Cross, which was Soma's go-to choice for touring before the Saga was designed. New features for 2014 include mini rack braze-ons on the fork.
- Tange Prestige heated treated CrMo steel with genuine Rivendell lugs
- Rivendell-designed road geometry
- Includes a lugged crown Tange Infinity CrMo steel fork (1" threaded steerer)
- Rear rack, mini front rack braze-ons and fender eyelets
- Headtube pump peg
- Kickstand plate
- 1" size headtube
- 27.2mm seatpost size
- Sizes: 57 only!
- Paint: Tiburon Blue (2013's Pearl Blue available in limited quantities)
The 47 and 51cm are designed for 650b wheels and 55-75mm reach road brakes. Max. tire fit: 38mm
Changed for 2013: The 54 thru 63cm are designed for 700c wheels and 55-75mm reach road brakes. Max. tire fit: 35mm